We kindly invite you to the 41st UMEMPS Congress, organized by the Union of Middle-Eastern and Mediatranean Pediatric Societies and Romanian Pediatric Society, and jointly held with the 9th National Conference of Pediatric Pulmonology, with international participation. The scientific event will take place at the International Conference Center, Sinaia, Romania, between 1st and 3rd of October 2020. Our congress has the motto “Improving Child Health”.
The concept behind the local organization of the 41st Congress of the Union of Middle-Eastern and Mediterranean Pediatric Societies (UMEMPS) is to bring together the competencies and experience of different fields of pediatric medicine, which deals in day-to-day practice and management of child health.
The scientific program will approach current challenging issues, with updated topics in sections that will benefit from the interventions of international key opinion leaders. Sessions will facilitate knowledge-exchange and multidisciplinary interactions.
This exciting Congress featured the figures in the field of Pediatric and Pediatric Pulmonology care from Italy, UK, Romania, Israel, Austria, Albania, Turkey, Nederland and Arab Countries.
The main themes of the Congress will include the following topics
- Health promotion, protection, illness prevention in the perinatal period
- The first thousand days of life, lifelong consequences
- Protecting and promoting breastfeeding: the role and responsibility of health professionals
- Vaccines and vaccinations, equality, global perspectives, lifelong relevance
- Current topics in Paediatric Infectious Diseases (in collaboration with ESPID)
- Respiratory symptoms in the new millennium (in collaboration with ERS)
- State of the art in paediatric respiratory medicine (in collaboration with ERS)
- Sleep medicine
- Updates in Pediatric Allergy and Immunology (in collaboration with EAACI)
- Paediatric Emergencies
- Normal and disturbed growth
- Children with obesity
- Update in Gastroenterology
- Paediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- New technologies in paediatric care
- Child abuse and neglect
In addition to the high scientific level, we invite you to learn about our history and culture, visit our beautiful landscapes, and experiment our tasty food. Sinaia, the home of our former kings and queens, will become our reference educational place for a few days and will provide countless opportunities to explore special places. We choose Sinaia as a Host City, not only for the excellent Venue and its high-class resorts but also for the stunning beauty of the Carpathians mountains in October and not last, for the rich history of this town and its surroundings.
The congress venue (former Casino), will surprise you with at least an interesting history, a unique architecture through elegance, prestige and recent modernization. The "Casino" represents today one of the buildings - symbol of Sinaia.
Looking forward to welcome you all in fruitful and enjoyable Congress
THE PRESIDENTS OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONGRESSES
Doina Anca Plesca (Bucharest, Romania),
Enver Hasanoğlu (Ankara, Turkey),
Salvatore Vendemmia (Aversa, Italy),
Robert Sacy (Beirut, Lebanon)